The Blaine County Fair Board would like to thank our county commissioners, county clerk’s office, and the whole community for all of your hard work and support for the fair and fairgrounds.
It’s county budgeting season, and each year it seems there are limited funds and many hard choices to be made. We appreciate the tough job that our commissioners and our county workers do, and we immensely appreciate the incalculable volunteerism, donations, and support that the fair board, fair, and fairgrounds receive from so many of you in the community.
What a great team and great community we have here in Blaine County! While times are very tough and budgets are much shorter than we all wish they could be, we are still so very blessed and thankful for each and every one of you and all that is a part of this great county we call home.
We would like to say a very heartfelt thank-you to the many sponsors who helped to support the 2017 Blaine County Fair.
Blaine County simply would not be able to put on such a successful fair and bring so many fun memories to kids and others in the community without this tremendous support.
Listed below are the 2017 Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Derby sponsors.
(Please remember these folks and their support of the community when you do business!)
And, below this list are additional important thank-yous…..
TRIPLE T SALES
SHIPWHEEL CATTLE COMPANY
BLAINE COUNTY VET
HAROLD MILLER FAMILY
TOP DOG/B&L CARS
RED ROCK POWER
FIRST BANK OF MONTANA
COLTER TODD CONSTRUCTION
JOHN PIKE CONSTRUCTION
BEAR PAW APIARIES
NORTHERN MONTANA HEALTH CARE
BLAINE COUNTY CRUISERS
FIRST BANK OF MONTANA
BLAINE COUNTY CRUISERS
DEMOLITION DERBY SPONSORS
Snap On Tools
Triple T Sales
Treasure State Title
Bears Paw Apiaries, Inc
Blaine County Journal
Bear Paw Livestock
C&C Excavation/ Havre Tire
Bear Paw Meats
Hansen Family Campground
Citation Oil & Gas
Custom Collision Repair
Dan’s Auto Parts
Ham’s Self Storage
Finley’s Food Farm
First Bank of MT
Frontier Lawn & Landscaping
241 Bar & Grill
C & S Ag Repair
Ophus Auction Service
J F Welding
John Elliot & Crazy 8 Storage
John Pike Construction
Havre Hi-Line Realty
My Canvas Auto
NKP, Inc IN MEMORY OF NANCY K. PETERSON
Peterson American Pride
Nu Wave Oil Tools
Rad’s Deli & Pizza
Pacific Steel & Recycling
Peak Supply Co.
Solem & McIntosh
Presicion Auto Body
Edwards Funeral Home
Red Rock Power
Rock Bottom Fencing
State Farm Chinook
Skoyen Amzoil Sales
Miller Bros. Tree Service
Penn Street Construction
Sweet Nursing Home
The Clothing Company
Gary & Leo’s IGA
Just Us Construction
Tilleman Motor Company
Top Dog Performance
Western Drug Pharmacy
Western Trailer & Marine
West Side Self Serve/Kid Curry Casino
Wild Horse Seeds
Montana Grafix LLC
Northern Montana Hospital
Chinook Tire, Lube & Sporting Goods
North West Mutual
Fort Belknap Casino
Northern Land & Reality
Sweet Medical Center
Fort Belknap Kwik Stop
Northern Home Essentials
Havre Rental / Hi-Line Polaris
Bear Paw Motel
North Central Auto Parts Havre/Big Sandy
Robert Florea Electrician
Holt Plumbing & Heating
The Fair Board would also like to thank:
- Dan and Sandy McNeil and Courtney Bell and the rest of the Blaine County youth rodeo club for all of their hard work and dedication in putting on the Kids Rodeo each year, and all of the rodeo participants for their great sportsmanship and dedication.
- Scott and Courtney Skoyen, Loren Skoyen, John Skoyen, and all of the rest of the Blaine County Showdown crew for putting on one of the most exciting demolition derbies in existence each year — and all of the drivers, pit crews, and fans who help put on a great show. Thanks to Ken Maly for building the berm each year, and to Pike Construction, John Elliott, and Moxley Construction for donating the use of their loaders for towing derby cars out of the arena, etc.
- “Boss Hog” Don Richman and the whole crew who help to put on a more and more popular Pig Wrestling event each year, with special thanks to Shandel Fouts, Casie McIntosh, Moxley Construction, and the Harlem Fire Department.
- The Bear Paw Roundup PRCA Rodeo Committee for bringing an outstanding two nights of pro-rodeo action to our county and improvements to our rodeo arena, Justin Simenson, Trapper Skoyen, Shelly Benzing, Greg Mosness, Doug and Val White, Dennis and Laura Kleinjan… and special thanks to Clinton Pankratz for so much work on the new seating area.
- Ted Powell and Moxley Construction for making it possible for us to create what we are told is now one of the nicest rodeo arenas in the region with their donations of excellent sand and gravel and hauling it in.
- The Chinook Ambulance crew and Chinook Fire Department.
- Extension agent Kendra Seilstad and Brenda at the Extension Office, and to all of the members of the 4-H Council, 4-H members of all ages, and 4-H parents.
- Kevin Elias for donating his excellent announcing skills each year.
- All of the helpers who assist with the 4-H/FFA Youth Livestock Sale.
- FFA Advisor Robin Allen and all of the hard-working FFA members.
- Special thanks to Chet and Shandel Fouts for all the work helping with the 4-H barns and programs this year.
- Roy Case for donating bags of wood shavings for the small animal pens.
- Waid Ranch for donating the truckload of wood shavings for the large animal pens, and Garbage Inc for donating the hauling the shavings and the container for an extremely discounted rate.
- Yvonne and Miles Laird for donating a fan for the poultry barn.
- Chris Preputin of Custom Collision Repair in Havre for donating the use of 2 air conditioners for the 4-H Chuckwagon and the Livestock Sale Barn.
- Northwest Energy for donating the use of an air conditioner for the FFA booth/grandstand and the livestock sale.
- Blaine County Vet Clinic for donating the use of 2 fans for the commercial building.
- Chinook Tire, Lube & Sporting Goods/Chris Carpenter, Red Rock Power, and Top Dog Performance for donating the use of their 4-seater, side-by-side ATVs for the new Free Shuttle Rides.
- The volunteer shuttle drivers: Larry Surber, Chad Surber, Rita Surber, Bonnie Weber and crew, and John & Dawn Colby.
- Patty’s Greenhouse and Linda Ortner for donating flowers to beautify the fairgrounds.
- Our hard-working fair grounds-keeping crew: Darius Hofer, Travis Hamilton, Tracey Anderson, Caleb Dumas, Erika Anderson
- Fair office crew Wendy Page, Brandy Hoy, and Bonnie Ortner.
- Fair Photographer Mary Pyette.
- Barn, Building & Department Superintendents Don Ross, Merle Young, Trent Noel, John Schneider, Harold & Rhea Miller, Jody & Trina Crawford, Erica Smith, Tracey Reed, Bonnie Ortner, Rosalie Perrine, Brandy Bushnell Hoy, Scott Schmitt, Linda Ortner, Shelley Benzing, Sharmon Moxley, Robin Allen.
- All of the Judges and Ticket Takers.
- 4-H members and FFA members who helped sell carnival pre-sale tickets, as well as these local businesses:
– Richman Insurance
– Harlem Lumber
– Finley’s Food Farm
– Shore’s Floral
– Town Pump Chinook
– First Bank of Montana Chinook
– Chinook Pharmacy
– Chinook Swimming Pool
– Rad’s Deli & Pizza
– Ace Hardware Chinook
– Gary & Leo’s IGA/Fresh Foods
- All of the concession stands and concession stand workers who work hard at the fair and use the money raised to support good causes in the community: Chinook VFW, 4-H Chuckwagon, Eagles Club, Lions Club, Funshine Preschool & FFA Food Booth.
- Extra special thanks to Assistant Fair Manager Debbie Ramberg for being absolutely indispensable, flexible, and always cheerful!!
We know that we will probably miss someone in this list, in spite of our best efforts not to. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if we have missed you or anyone you know who should be included, as we would definitely like to include and thank ALL — especially those who donated freely of their time and/or resources, to help put on an outstanding fair. You are appreciated very much!
The Blaine County Fair Board
Don Richman, president; John Skoyen, vice-president; Wendy Warburton, secretary-fair manager; Dale Williams; Loren Skoyen; Mike Copenhaver; Linda Ortner eo